Thanks for dropping by. Here are a few words about my work.
I’m always in a state of wonder about what drives people, real and fictional. Why do they do what they do, often against their better judgment? Speculating on motivation is what gives me the juice to write.
Here’s a list of my books to date:
- A Run on Hose, a short story collection
- Key in Lock, another short story collection
- The River Throws a Tantrum, a children’s picture chapbook, illustrated by Sarah-Joy Goode
- Shy, an anthology of essays and poetry, edited by Naomi K. Lewis and me
- At This Juncture, a collection of fictional letters
- Waiting, an anthology of essays, edited by Julie Sedivy and me
- You Look Good For Your Age, an anthology edited by me
My short stories, essays, flash fiction, and ten-minute plays have appeared in magazines in print and on line.
In recent years my plays have found audiences in festivals and staged readings in the United States and Canada. One of my plays, “A Memoir of Jackson,” can be purchased for production through the ArtAge catalogue. My thanks to the ArtAge Senior Theatre Resource Center for making my play available internationally.
My other passion is editing. I have worked both in-house and freelance. For years I have edited short stories, essays, novels, creative non-fiction books, academic and professional articles, and corporate documents.