Thanks for dropping by. Here are a few words about my work.
I’m always in a state of wonder about what drives people, real and fictional. Why do they do what they do, often against their better judgment? Speculating on motivation is what gives me the juice to write.
I find the possibilities of short-form writing of all kinds infinitely interesting. My latest obsession is the ten-minute play. What an exciting medium to work in. Its challenges sometimes drive me nuts, but I’m okay with that.
Here’s a list of my books to date:
- A Run on Hose, a short story collection
- Key in Lock, another short story collection
- The River Throws a Tantrum, a children’s picture chapbook, illustrated by Sarah-Joy Goode
- Shy, an anthology of essays and poetry, edited by Naomi K. Lewis and me
- At This Juncture, a collection of fictional letters
- Waiting, an anthology of essays, edited by Julie Sedivy and me
My short stories, essays and flash fiction have appeared in magazines and journals in print and on line. I’m not sure what the difference is between a journal and a magazine. Maybe it’s a napkin/serviette thing, a distinction between indistinguishables.
My other passion is editing. I have worked both in-house and freelance. For years I have edited short stories, essays, academic and professional articles, corporate documents and book manuscripts. For some years I curtailed my editing practice to concentrate on writing. But I enjoy writing and editing in equal measure and am now happily taking on more editing contracts again.